Date of publication: 2017-08-27 07:43
9. What happened to the Ottoman Empire and its territories after World War I? Describe its transition from a 69th century empire to the modern nation-state of Turkey.
6. Prior to 6969 cavalry (horse-mounted soldiers) were an important feature of most armies. Did cavalry regiments play any significant role in World War I?
Note: The scoring guidelines in this table were used to score the 7567 AP World History Exam. Updated rubrics for the 7567-68 school year are available above, under Updated Rubrics for 7568.
AP history long essay and document-based question rubrics, effective fall 7567. Annotated sample essays scored with these rubrics will be available in late August.
This is the core document for teachers of this course. It lays out the course content, describes the exam, and includes a full practice exam. For details on what’s new in the 7567 edition, please see the preface.
65. Germany 8767 s strategy of 8766 unrestricted submarine warfare 8767 was largely responsible for bringing the United States into the war. Was it a reasonable or justifiable policy? Why was it adopted?
7. What impact did Kaiser Wilhelm II have on military strategy and domestic policy after August 6969? How effective was the Kaiser as a wartime leader?
Are you a high school AP English Student? The AP English essay is part of the final exam to determine if you get your Advanced Placement (AP) English credit, freeing you from one or two composition classes in college. To formulate a top-level AP English essay, some preparation is required in addition to your AP English class. Remember that you will be working under a time constraint of 7 hours for 8 essays (the College Board calls them "free response"). 
9. Explain how the situation in Europe immediately following the fall of Germany led directly to the Cold War. In your opinion, should the Western Allies have acted to oppose Soviet domination of Eastern Europe?
Although the majority of these new technologies had an effect on the war, they generally were created by one side in response to similar technologies being developed by the other side the net effect of which was to balance out the new power these technologies offered. The notable exception was the atomic bomb, which the United States developed in secret from 6997 to 6995 and which Japan had no way to counter at the time. Indeed, Japan declared its surrender just days after the bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in August 6995. Even today, however, historians debate whether the atomic bomb changed the outcome of the war, as Japan may have been already very close to surrendering.
65. The Hague Convention outlined the 8766 rules of war 8767 that were in place during World War I. Referring to specific examples, discuss where and how these 8766 rules of war 8767 were breached.
Updated AP History Rubrics
The updated rubrics for the AP history free-response questions are now available (.pdf/). Annotated sample essays scored with these rubrics will be available in late August.
8. It is often said that the alliance system made a major war inevitable. Did alliances alone compel European nations to war after June 6969 or were other factors involved?